Friday, December 30, 2011

Top 10 Books I’m Looking Forward To in 2012



1) "City of Lost Souls" by Cassie Clare: I am fairly certain that by now everyone knows how much I am in love with Cassie Clare's "Mortal Instrument" series, so it should be no surprise that this book tops my list. So much craziness went down in "City of Fallen Angels" that I need to know what happens in the next installment of the series- especially with the cliffhanger ending and all of the killer teasers that Cassie has been posting the last month, including, but not limited to:
"I know about parabatai,” said Magnus, his voice rising in pitch. “I’ve known parabatai so close they were almost the same person; do you know what happens, when one of them dies, to the one that’s left —." 
"You have a dark heart in you, Valentine’s daughter,” he said. “You just won’t admit it. And if you want Jace, you had better accept it. Because he belongs to me now. 

2) "Clockwork Princess" by Cassie Clare: "Clockwork Prince" potentially had an even bigger cliffhanger ending than "City of Fallen Angels" did (Will, Jem, Tessa's decision! And Cecily? Oh my!). So much of CP book took me by surprise and after finishing it I was just so emotionally drained- I think that we expect the same of this book, as it is the last book in Cassie's "Infernal Devices" series.

3) "Untitled (Shatter Me Book 2)" by Tahereh Mafi: Okay, so I don't actually know anything about this book- save for the fact that it is most likely going to be released in the fall of 2012 and that it is bound to be bad-ass. I mean,  look at how "Shatter Me" ended- An entirely new world with unlimited possibilities was introduced to us! What do I hope happens in this book: lots of sexy scenes between Adam and Juliette, lots of scenes of Warner being evil (and potentially sexy scenes between Warner and Juliette- what can I say? I am super intrigued by Warner), and Juliette learning more about her abilities/ becoming even more kickass. 

4) "The Golden Lily" by Richelle Mead: For realsies? The last line of "Bloodlines" made me burst out in tears (I admit that when I read it I may have blown the last line of the book out of proportion but... IT MADE ME SO GOSH DARN HAPPY!!!!!!!!)- Don't get me wrong, I understand that this series is all about Sydney/ Adrian/ Jill and that everything should revolve around them, but (as becomes evident) I am excited by the prospect of characters that I LOVED in VA playing a role in this series.

5) "Before I Wake" by Rachel Vincent: Though I would have been a-okay with "If I Die" being the last book in the series (anyone else feel that it had great closure?), I am excited by the prospect of my favourite characters (okay, really just Tod and Kaylee- screw Sabine and Nash) being around for a little longer. Rachel made a list of goals that she had in mind when writing this book that all entirely intriguing/ make for a good book:
"Put Nash and Tod back on speaking terms, and begin the healing.
Show what a powerful force the Hudsons can be, working together.
Put Kaylee and Nash back on speaking terms, and begin the healing.
Show the consequences of Tod's heroics in If I Die
Show the results/consequences of Kaylee's new...everything."

6) "Destined" by Aprilynne Pike: Okay, so I know I have said this multiple times in this list, but this time I mean it (like it's legit)- "Illusions", the third book in the series (the book prior to this book), had the worst (or best?) cliffhanger ending I read in 2011 (if not ever)- seriously, the book just ended when perhaps the biggest secret of the entire series was revealed. HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO US APRILYNNE! And this being the last book in the series? If Laurel doesn't realize how much of a booger she has been in the previous three books and declare her undying love for Tamani I will do something drastic like scream, throw this book around the room, or refuse to read any future books of Aprilynne's (okay not really, BUT I REALLY WANT THEM TO BE TOGETHER! Errrrr.... Well I suppose if Laurel doesn't want him, I will take him).

7) "Onyx" by Jennifer L. Armetrout: HAVE YOU SEEN THE COVER FOR THIS BOOK?!? DO YOU SEE THAT? THAT DAEMON AND KATY ARE ALMOST HOLDING HANDS? *Swoon* And, and have you read Daemon's POV from "Obsidian" yet (not that it really has anything to do with "Onyx", I just have to plug it because it makes me really happy)? What I expect from this book: lots of snark, sexytimes, and secrets. 


8) "Isla and the Happily Ever After" by Stephanie Perkins: My opinion? Anything that Stephanie writes is FLIPPIN' AMAZING (the characters especially- I mean, Etienne and Cricket? Pure genius!) and therefore this is bound to be amazing (and it is bound to make you smile- smile so much that your face will hurt after you finish reading it and your chest will feel all bubbly/ giddy, kinda like after you drink pop).

9) "Insurgent" by Veronia Roth: Believe it or not, but I only read "Divergent" yesterday- I started in late Wednesday night, about an hour or two before I went to bed, woke up early on Thursday to continue reading it and finished it before noon. And let me tell you, I have been kicking myself since I finished it for not having read it earlier (I found the receipt for the book inside it, I bought it on July 5th, 2011- almost six months ago. IT TOOK ME SIX FLIPPIN' MONTHS TO PICK THE BOOK UP AND READ IT? THAT IS LIKE A LIFETIME TO ME- seriously though, I am *typically* the type of person to get the book on the release date and finish it on the same day). As I am sure becomes evident from this little description here, I LOVED "Divergent" and I need "Insurgent" NOW! Seriously, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO FOUR AND TRIS!


10) "The Soul" by Stephanie Meyers: I am pretty sure that this book hasn't been confirmed before, but when I came across it on Goodreads I had to include it on this list. I cannot express to you how much I enjoyed "The Host"- if you have yet to read it I highly recommend that you do so (and frankly, you don't have a viable excuse as to why you have yet to read this book because it came out like 7527350827035012 years ago- or more like 4ish).

6 comments:

  1. Completely agree with your list. And ooh, The Soul?! Do you think that has a good chance of coming out next year? That would be cool, but if not, I could wait until 2013. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed The Host when I read it 7527350827035012 years ago - even more than Twilight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now my curious heart's been rewarded! I've waited for this topic the whole darn week! XD

    My Picks

    ReplyDelete
  3. AVERY I LOVE YOUR LIST!! I've read Daemon's POV 3 days ago and OH MY GOD I am still thinking about it. Everytime I think about it my heart start to race faaaaaaaaast!! Oh. I can't wait for Onyx to come out!! And City of Lost Souls!! I am dying for these two books to come out!! GREAT LIST! AAAA! :) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many books to look forward this 2012! You picked some of the best definitely ;) yay~ Great list! Happy New Year! Hoping 2012 brings you lots and more books! I wish you a Bookish 2012 ahead of you :D

    Here' s my Top 10 Books for 2012

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dying to read all these books! DYING! I will definitely be reading Stephanie Perkins in 2012. Can't wait to read Insurgent!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.